Sunday, February 22, 2015

Cheer #53

Always be kind.

 The old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey, than you do with vinegar. Such an extremely true statement.

 So tonight Jordan and I went out to dinner at Chili's. We sat in the bar and had a couple of drinks and an appetizer. We decided however, to get our dinner to go. We ordered, and paid, someone brought us out or to go food, and we left. 

 When we got home we pulled out our food to sit down and eat. However, none of our food had any sides. It was just the burgers. So I decided to go ahead and call back and let them know what had happened. I got put on the phone with a manager and he apologized all over himself, and offered to send me some meal vouchers. To which I said thank you and gave him my address. 

 Unfortunately I didn't get to sit down and eat even after the phone call. Jordan took out his burger to find nothing but a blob of melted pepper jack cheese that looked unsavory at best. We decided maybe we should go back to Chili's and just have our money refunded.

 When we got there we waited a few minutes, and were met by the manager. We explained why we had decided to come in. We had a really nice conversation, and came to the conclusion that we would only like the to go items removed from our bill. I also told him that since he was removing those items he didn't have to send me the vouchers we had already talked about. 

 When he came back he thanked us both, for "coming in and talking to him, instead of just yelling at him over the phone". He then handed us our comped bill. Which I discovered was not just our to go items, but our entire bill. He also handed me 30$ in food vouchers. He shook both of our hands, thanked us both for being nice enough to talk to him and not just yelling. 

 Tonight my CHEERS! goes to being kind, and having good things happen to you when you're kind. Always remember to be kind and try to remain level headed, even when you're upset. People react better to kindness, so try to always show everyone you encounter kindness.

Until next time, 
Angel 

No comments:

Post a Comment