Monday, January 5, 2015

Cheer #5

Priority Mail.

 I'm making stroganoff right now, my house smells amazing. By the way that was completely unrelated. Just thought I'd share. 

 I got a package today. I love getting gifts, who doesn't, right? Right. I really like getting hand packed gifts, though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all mailed gifts, but there's something special about something that your friend put together for you. This wasn't "packed and checked by 'enter employees name' " It was packed thoughtfully by a loved one. 

 My favorite part of packages from loved ones, is the smell. Opening a box from your mom, and it smells like your house and her perfume. Or opening something from a friend and having it smell like them, it's wonderful. It's almost like they're there, giving it to you themselves.

 I think that handwritten letters are a tragically lost art. Right now, I'm typing in courier; because personally, it's pleasing to look at. However it's not nearly as pleasant to look at as someone's handwriting. It could be messy and hard to read, or impossibly pretty lettering, it's unique. Recognizable. They took the time to put paper to pen, not just finger to phone screen or computer key. It's pretty wonderful. 

 Today I'm offering my CHEERS! to the U.S. postal service. For the memories they deliver. For the smells, and smiles they bring to your door. For keeping people close, no matter the distance, all with a simple package. If that's not magical, I don't know what is.

Until next time, 
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment