Friday, January 9, 2015

Cheer #9

Your body is a temple. 

 If your body is a temple, decorate the walls. Super cliche I know. It's true though. Ok, so imagine for me, that you're in a room. This room is completely white. No windows, just white walls and white floors. I don't know about you, but I would be extremely uncomfortable. That's how I would feel, if I didn't have tattoos. No, I didn't get a new one, I so don't have the money for that.

 However, exactly one year ago today (thanks facebook) I got this. 

Yes, it most definitely hurt, and it's not even finished.

 I can remember finally getting my first tattoo, it was awesome. I haven't stopped getting them yet, nor do I have any plans to stop. It's not just tattoo's though, I like other body modifications. 

That little half moon on my teeth is my smiley.


And these are my almost an inch wide ear holes.

 Sometimes, people judge me. Especially since I have kids, apparently you can't have kids and any sort of modifications done. Tattoos and Piercings = Bad parent. Which honestly is weird to me, if I'm this open with my creativity, I'm gonna let my kids be open with theirs. That makes me a pretty good parent, I think.

 I really don't think I'd be comfortable in my skin without tattoos at this point. I feel like they belong there, if they were suddenly gone, I'd feel naked and awkward. I've never understood how self expression is ever a bad thing.(obviously within reason.)

 I'm ME. I'm beautifully modified. My body IS a temple, and it SHOULD be decorated. However I see fit. If you don't care for it, that's your opinion, but please don't cast judgement on me. 

 Today my CHEERS! is going to loving yourself, and freely expressing your creativity. Never let the thought of what others might say, deter you from being happy in your own way. Love yourself, be good to yourself, and always remember to decorate how YOU want to. 

'till tomorrow, 
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment